Wednesday 6 August 2014

How To Pass P2 Performance Management?

CIMA P2 Performance Management is a continuation of the analytic theme of P1 (Performance Operations). However, P2 will focus more on the application of information in the management processes of decision-making and control.

The first section of P2 covers mainly the key contributors to operation performance (i.e., revenue; decisions of what to produce, at what price). The second section covers costs (i.e., how to manage them to maximise profitability).

So, what should be our strategy to pass this exam? Perhaps, we should start on how we're going to prepare for this exam paper - by studying of course!

I've listed down my personal strategy on how I will nail this exam once I enter the exam room! I don't have plans to topnotch this paper - I just want to pass.

1) Familiarise and understand the syllabus

There is no point of studying the entire textbook from cover to cover if some parts of it won't be included in the exam. Unless you have plenty of time, you can really devote most of it in getting used to the questions that will mostly appear.


The syllabus structure for P2 has been communicated to the students. As you can see, Pricing and Product Decisions and Cost Planning and Analysis for Competitive Advantage has 30% each weight. If you can get all the questions related to these two topics correctly, you've already passed at 60% mark!

2) Read the study text and answer the example questions

There is no way you'll be able to pass P2 if you immediately jump into answering the questions from Past Papers. You should at least know the basic theories - like what is relevant cost or ABC costing or Cost-Volume Profit, etc.

3) Practice, practice, practice

The key really in passing P2 is by constant practicing in answering the questions. The exam is actually more or less 90% computation - so, it means you need to compute!

In practicing, don't simply copy the model answers. At least, try to come up with your own solution. Once you have your own proforma answers, live everyday with those answers!

4) Read the Post Exam Guides

The Post Exam Guides are comments from the examiners about the common mistakes of the students who took the past exams. These aim to guide you on how marks are allocated on the questions, expected outline of the answers and the usual mistakes committed.

5) On the Exam itself, Write Legibly!

Put yourself on the examiners' shoes, would you be encouraged to understand and put marks on a very chaotic and disorganised answers? Most likely you want to mark all of them wrong. 

Answer the questions! Plan your Answers! Write Clearly!





6 comments:

  1. Great information on CIMA, i really appreciate it. I would love to share my own experience when i was at the same situation. Study along with quite disturbing. At that time i cannot focus on my both issues. The main problem of my job timing i have to work almost 12 hours a day and after the 12 hour duty i cannot focus properly on my studies. My teacher told me about Exams4sure. I prepare my Cima p2 exam by the Exams4sure and got good results. I pass my CIMA P2 Exam Dumps in the first attempt with 86% marks. I highly recommended Exams4sure for preparation of exams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot choose any other study material than P2 Dumps because it has helped me to ace my certification by the first attempt. I went through all the questions and answers given in CIMA P2 dumps and got a competent understanding of the field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Among many of the CIMA P2 Mock Exam providers, Prepacademia is the foremost and valid CIMA P2 Practice PDF provider which presents excellent quality CIMA P2 questions answers for CIMA Management certification candidates. Here is a collection of professionally verified and up-to-date CIMA P2 Past Papers. Pass your CIMA P2 exam with our real exam Questions Bank in just first try!! For further detail visit us: https://www.prepacademia.com/p2-exam-questions.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly, It was difficult to finish P2 test without utilizing P2 Dumpsfrom Examsforsure.com. This convenient material contains direct and completely relevant data which saved my time and gave me a careful comprehension of the field. P2 Dumps stuff has gotten my dearest.

    ReplyDelete